[olug] mozilla yet no java?

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Mon Feb 24 12:34:44 UTC 2003

Did you register the plugin?

Notes from sun - manual install
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/manual_install_linux.html
----------------------

Note:

Only one Java Plug-in can be registered at a time. When you want to use a
different version, unregister any other version and register the new one.

If you used regxpcom to register a Java 1.4.0 Plug-in, you can do the
following to unregister it:

regxpcom -u <absolute path to Java Plug-in libjavaplugin_oji140.so file>

Example:

regxpcom -u ${JRE}/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji140.so

If you registered it with a symbolic link, remove the link.

Example:

Suppose for SDK 1.4.0 you created a symbolic link in the Netscape 6
plugins directory to:

~/j2sdk1.4.0/jre/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so

Then cd to the Netscape 6 plugins directory and remove the link as shown
below:

rm libjavaplugin_oji140.so

Also check that there are no links in the Netscape components directory.