[olug] local ntp time server?

Don Kauffman dkauffman at tconl.com
Fri Feb 14 04:43:54 UTC 2003

Ok thanks, Brian, that makes some sense. Realistically it's a little
difficult to see why one would need that kind of precision unless one
was running highly time sensitive schedules. Like you say elsewhere,
that level of precision is kind of neat to have!! (Maybe I'll have to
check into it for Linux. I've got it on my M$ box already. . . )  :-)

Don

Brian Wiese wrote:

>On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:03:52 -0600
>Don Kauffman <dkauffman at tconl.com> wrote:
>
>|I'm wondering why would it have to be local? Is there any particular
>|reason?
>
>Just because of the packet delay, and it relates more to network
>location/latency than geographical as Adam said... I wanted to get a very
>accurate time versus one a few milliseconds off from the delay.
>
>peace
>
>  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru

Don Kauffman
Email: mailto:dkauffman at tconl.com