[olug] dosemu+novell

Matthew G. Marsh mgm at paktronix.com
Sat Feb 8 14:55:41 UTC 2003

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Brian Roberson wrote:

> Ok you ipx/spx users... I know one of you have done this....
>
> dosemu+m$dos6.22+nw client ( I _need_ spx support... otherwise I would just
> ncpmount my volumes.. which works wonderfully btw! )
>

> I have everything I need in all the spurious howto,FAQ, etc.... BUT....
>

> WTF nic driver do you use???? Is it like vmware where you always use a
> specific driver no matter what your real card is... OR do you use the actual
> nic driver for your card??

You need to use the NWODI.COM shim from the original Netware Client. Also
do _not_ use the VLM Netware client but rather use the older NETX.EXE with
NDS support (I am assuming the NDS support part - if 3.x then easy).

Make sure you have the appropriate ODI driver that goes with your NIC from
the same Netware client then (from memory) do:

lsl.com
nwodi.com
{your NIC}.com
netx.exe {appropriate command line for NDS or whatever}

Voila.

BD3. So ask if it blows chunks. Also I have all the versions of Netware &
Clients going back to 2.15c. Let me know if there is something
in particular you need.

HTH!

mgm

> I am just now starting to look through the code, but asm is not always that
> readable... sheesh!

Heh - I had this working back in 1994 under the original DOSemu... Boy
have things changed... {remembering is better than reliving!}

Matthew G. Marsh,  President
Paktronix Systems LLC
1506 North 59th Street
Omaha  NE  68104