[olug] Apache web server support questions

Matthew G. Marsh mgm at midwestlinux.com
Mon Feb 3 15:38:21 UTC 2003

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Daniel Pfile wrote:

> Ahh yes, paktronix, I was trying to remember the name of that company.
> There are a lot of really smart people on this list, Matt is one of
> them. Of course, I'm bidding on this, so I can't sing too many praises.
> :-) But I will concede that routing is not one of my strongest points,
> and there are a couple of people on this list who really know their
> stuff on that subject, Matt is one of those.

Thanks! As far as the Solaris/Apache - I considered for a few minutes
replying but right now I have way too many irons on fire. If you or anyone
else on the list does land the contract or needs help/cover for the
contract feel free to ask me for help. I can provide a colisting on the
gov't contract (been there before) but would be limited in the amount of
hands on time I could provide.

BTW - open source tip:

When installing Sol8 or Sol9 make sure you do a full install of the
"Software Companion" disk as that contains the full GNU utilities and
related software such as gcc, make, etal. That way you can easily compile
and install custom versions of OpenSSL/SSH. Also for a cryptographically
strong install of OpenSSL make sure you obtain and install EGADS first.
(Entropy Gathering And Device System).

mgm

Matthew G. Marsh,  President
Paktronix Systems LLC