[olug] Unix environment on Windows, if anyone is interested

Binary thehaas at binary.net
Wed Dec 24 15:00:05 UTC 2003

On Tuesday December 23rd 2003, Michael Peterson Wireless wrote:

> [...]

[snip]

I've been using GNU utilities for Win32 available at:
 http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/

They work really, really well on Win2000.  Not sure about XP.

No bash with it, though you can put in command completion in cmd:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=244407

cmd is close to being a real shell. see:
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBG/TIP3200/rh3241.htm

Of course, nothing is as good as a Unix workstation <sigh>
--
Please don't steal, the IRS hates competition!