[olug] Knoppix question

VHP3 vhpascale3 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 16:25:50 UTC 2003

*snip*

I use knoppix for this sort of thing ALL the time. The only thing is KDE
requires 128megs of ram. So it will require a swap file on the dos
partition, it will also let you know this. If this is the way you go,
KDE will run very slowly as everything's going to a swap file. So you
will most likely want to run command line for it.
*snip*

Yeah, I was planning on using command line anyway, due to resource limitations.  I'm just curious if it'll drop me there automatically or do something else, like as a question as to what I want to do, etc...

*snip*
Another thing, hard drives don't really 'loose' an operating system,
generally when this happens, the drive is shot or very close to being
shot. *snip*

On the phone the other night, she described a "ping pong" noise that her computer was making after that message came up, so I'm hoping this isn't the reader arm(s) bouncing off the platter or something like that.

Vince