[olug] ssh and Cox

K.J. Kirwan kjk_elec at ix.netcom.com
Fri Dec 19 18:37:41 UTC 2003

It might be helpful if all those replying who are "using Cox"
would specify if they are referring to home or business.

It was my understanding that Cox is using "rolling IPs" for
their home users.  I only use Cox at work (fixed IP) so I
don't know what their home users get.  If this is the problem,
maybe one of those rolling IP nameserver services would help?

Can someone who knows tell us if Cox (home) is rolling IPs?
And if so, how often?  And does the interval vary?
And have you worked around it with a rolling nameserver service?

K.J.