[olug] Knoppix question

VHP3 vhpascale3 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 19 14:45:46 UTC 2003

Recently, my g/f's computer basically died.  Where as
it used to run Win98, it know says "Operating System
not found", so I was thinking of using Knoppix to
recover her data onto a floppy.  But the thing is her
laptop, on which this happened, is seriously old...P2
400, 32 MB RAM I do believe.  Since this is way below
the minimum specs to run KDE, I'm guessing that this
will drop me into command-line only.

But my question(s) is a) has anyone tried to boot
Knoppix on such a resource limited machine before?,
and if so b) what else can I expect?

Thanks,
Vince

=====