[olug] CloneIT & ifconfig problem

IrishMASMS at olug.org IrishMASMS at olug.org
Mon Dec 15 21:38:38 UTC 2003

> When you get to a prompt, does an "ifconfig -a"  show your interface?
> what is the output of "lsmod" once booted? what type of network cards?

The command:

ifconfig -a

Gives:

lo    Link encap: Local Loopback
      bla bla bla, with all results in zero's

tun10 Link encap: IPIP Tunnel HWaddr
      bla bla bla, with all results in zero's

The command:

lsmod

Gives:

sh: lsmod:command not found

The NIC is a on-board Compaq Netelligent 10/100 TX embedded UTP controller
>From the BIOS, it is using IRQ 11, I/O ports 1020-102F, and memory address
40880000-4088000F.

IIRC, CloneIT is using a 3c59x driver - which is for a 3Com NIC. Would it
be easier to find two 3Com NICs that would work with this driver; rather
than getting CloneIT to use a correct driver for the Compaq on-board NICs
(if there is even one available)?

Irish