[olug] Interet Service Options

neal rauhauser neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Sat Dec 13 03:20:26 UTC 2003

   WispAir's facility is 450' AGL on a tower at 210th and Dodge, but if
you're due north I would think it'd be kinda dicey - last I knew they
had a west facing sector and an east facing sector - the north side
would put you in the far edge of either the east or west sector. Keep in
mind my knowledge is about nine months old - I left WispAir in April and
I've not kept up on whats happened with the network except in the places
where I have stuff connected to it.

   WispAir maintains a relatively clean, routed design with good
bandwidth controls. I've helped a couple of people transition off
Microlnk and what I saw when inspecting their stuff prior to transition
was what looked like a flat, bridged network that spanned the whole
city. Be very, very suspicious of any wisp that is handing out IP
addresses with a /24 mask ...