[olug] Sharing root priv, tracking what other root does

Jeff Hinrichs jlh at cox.net
Thu Dec 11 03:20:32 UTC 2003

I'm looking for a way to track what another root user does on a sensitive
Linux server that I have had exclusive control of.  Recently, I was
strong-armed into giving root access to another.
Prior to sharing control I made it very clear, "you break it and I kill
you"!  When this new root user breaks it, and he/she/it will, I should be
able to recover nicely using AMANDA.
Perhaps my emphatic statement was enough, to date, he/she/it has not
attempted to login as root.  ;-)
Any of you admins have experience in anything?  If so, how did you remedy
it?

Change the password.  Then when they try and logon just feign forgetfulness
about informing them of the change.
You do change your passwords regularly, don't you?

-Jeff