[olug] SuSE 9.0 problems w/X freezing

Eric Pierce eric_olug at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 01:21:22 UTC 2003

I did a man of setpci but didn't see anything about setting irq values.
Can you enlighten me about reassigning irqs with setpci (or were you thinking
of some other usage of it)?

I did see a slew of irq settings in /etc/modules.conf
I remember fixing an irq conflict with my soundcard (different box) in modules
.conf once upon a time.

Now the question I have it: Is firewire and eth0's attempt to share IRQ 5
causing the system to crash only when X is started?  I don't see the
connection.  The system seems quite stable as long as I don't start up X.

I'm stumped.
Eric Pierce