[olug] Server OS after Dec 31, 2003

Vincent.Raffensberger at dtn.com Vincent.Raffensberger at dtn.com
Mon Dec 8 22:29:58 UTC 2003

The part which says "proving ground for new technology that may eventually
make its way into Red Hat products (read: Enterprise)"?
This was true for RedHat Linux too.  Only the most stable and mature
technologies make it into RHEL.
For example, the CUPS printing package was introduced in RHL 7.1?, but
didn't make it to RHEL until the latest 3.0 release.

Unless you need formal/ commercial support, the differences between RHL
and FLC are primarily in the name.

I started writing up a little article on it.  I just need to polish it and
add references before I post it.
Hopefully it will be done tonight.

"John Williams" <meantime at alltel.net>
Sent by: olug-bounces at olug.org
12/08/2003 04:36 PM
Please respond to
Omaha Linux User Group <olug at olug.org>

"Omaha Linux User Group" <olug at olug.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [olug] Server OS after Dec 31, 2003

I am interested also!  The first paragraph on the Fedora site turned me
off
immediately.  I interpreted it as being a test bed for RedHat...

Thanks,

John