[olug] Perl Mongers Mtg: Bug Hunt: Jay's IP subnet calculator

Miller, Scott L (Omaha Networks) scott.l.miller at hp.com
Thu Dec 4 18:56:50 UTC 2003

It works fine on my box, running 5.6.1.  I'd first question the accuracy of the log functions especially with the division thrown in.  Floating point math likes to return things like 13.99999 or 14.00001.  If that function returns 13.999999, then the integer would become 13 instead of 14.  If this is the problem, you might want to add a significantly small enough number before taking the int to take care of the problem. (like 0.001 or so, figuring out what is significantly small enough left as an excersize to the reader).

-Scott L. Miller