[olug] Keyboard/Mouse Failure

Tim Bornholtz tim at bornholtz.com
Thu Dec 4 15:11:16 UTC 2003

I know you're kidding about borrowing your friends electricity but you
may be on to something there.  This past weekend I was fixing my
brother's PC and it was having extremely weird and intermittent
problems.  I thought the motherboard was flaky so I bought another one.
When I plugged that one in things just seemed to get worse.

It ended up that the power supply was going bad.  It seemed to have
barely enough juice to fire up the old motherboard sometimes but the new
motherboard must have required more power and the PS just couldn't drive
it.  I put in a new power supply and everything works great.

So if you have a spare power supply sitting around (I yanked one out of
a good PC for testing) then try throwing that in there to check it.

-Tim