[olug] Keyboard/Mouse Failure

Joe Catanzaro joecatanzaro at cox.net
Thu Dec 4 02:09:31 UTC 2003

I'm at a total loss, so I'm turning to you guys for this one. I bought a
new motherboard to upgrade a PC I'm working on here at home. When I power
it up, the keyboard and mouse don't work. Swapped out input devices. Still
nothing. More troubleshooting. Still nothing. Took it back (twice, two days
apart) to the place I purchased it and their service dept. was able to get
both input devices working just fine both times. So I'm about to drive
around to my friends' houses asking them if I can try the PC using their
electricity. It's the only thing different from the service center. Anyone
have a clue what might be the problem. I've been working on this for about
a week and it's been constant. Not maybe. Not every-once-in-a-while. But
perfect at the service center, null at my house.

Joe Catanzaro
joecatanzaro at cox.net