[olug] Installfest & RSVP

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 13:10:25 UTC 2003

--- "OBrien, Timothy  (Omaha Linux Users Group -
OLUG)"

> With the discussion at the meeting & after meeting;
> some said that Fedora
> was a bit bleeding edge. Also, some of us are a bit
> leery of the whole Red
> Hat & Fedora issues and would like to sit back and
> see what happens.

I'm in the market for a new distro as well, since the
RH/Fedora weirdness and RH is ending its life cycle of
RH8 as of 12.31.03 and RH9 ends in April 04.

I'm running Knoppix on my laptop and enjoy the
stability and easy of package maintenance and that 3.3
detected all of my Hardware, except the wireless card.

Looking at Free/NetBSD to replace my RH box.  I know
Neal R. wanted to do a BSD installfest at onetime,and
wanted to tie it into the installfest of Jan 04.
Maybe Neal could offer pointers on those who want to
try Free/NetBSD at the installfest?

-Chris

=====