[olug] Debian kernel upgrade

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Wed Dec 3 04:21:38 UTC 2003

I have not looked at all the nuances of the debian package management, but
in general........

You will have to re-compile the nVidia driver whenever you update a
kernel, and the alsa-driver (if you use alsa) besides that, you should get
the kernel/modules/initrd.img in the kernel package......

Also verify that the bootloader config was updated correctly,
/etc/lilo.conf or /boot/grub/grub.conf