[olug] DVD writing/authoring in Linux

Tim - DZ iceburn at dangerzone.com
Mon Dec 1 17:14:56 UTC 2003

Most players prefer DVD-R, especially 'older' home dvd players.
DVD-RW is next.
DVD+R and +RW are pretty much in the same boat and come in third.
DVD-RAM is 'right out'.

If you have a really picky home player, some DVD-R's may not even work,
you'll have to try different brands...more secifically different colors of
media.  Some drives (xbox comes to mind) are really picky.

Personally I've had the best across the spectrum luck with Sony CDR, Imation
CDRW, Verbatim DVD-R and DVD-RW (my dvd burner does not do + or RAM
varients).

-t