[olug] single board computers

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Mon Dec 1 06:54:28 UTC 2003

neal rauhauser wrote:
> Phil Brutsche wrote:
>
>>neal rauhauser wrote:
>>

>>>   Soekris has come out with the NET4801 - a 266 MHz Pentium class
>>>processor with 256 meg of dram.
>>

>>Umm, the net4801 has 128MB SDRAM.  I got one a couple weeks ago ;)
>>

>    The web site says 256 meg ... maybe its a special order?

Standard configs are all listed on their "How to buy" page
(http://www.soekris.com/how_to_buy.htm).  The standard setup for a 4801
is a 266MHz NatSemi Geode & 128MB SDRAM (which is exactly how mine is
setup - I can show you next time you're in the office).

The boards are obviously designed to take different amounts of memory,
though I seriously doubt they would do a one-off 4801 with 256MB just
because someone wanted one.

Ask Soeren (the guy that designs the Soekris SBCs) about doing up a
version that takes SODIMMs :)

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us