[olug] mod_php? how to debug?

neal rauhauser neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Sun Aug 31 17:47:03 UTC 2003

  I've added mod_php via the usual make; make install on FreeBSD 4.8.
The installation automagically added lines to httpd.conf for this
module, I had to manually add some application-type entries but they
were documented in make install's output, then I restarted apache
2.0.47.

  I created a simple php script named index.php in the web server's
root. When I try to load http://127.0.0.1/index.php I get the text of
the script, instead of the expected output. Anyone have any suggestions
on how to fix this?

  Here is the script

cat index.php
<?php echo "Whacked my index.html files!\n" ; ?>

mailto:neal at lists.rauhauser.net
phone:402-301-9555
"After all that I've been through, you're the only one who matters,
you never left me in the dark here on my own" - Widespread Panic