[olug] Any FREESCO users?

Carl Lundstedt clundst at unlserve.unl.edu
Mon Aug 25 20:02:56 UTC 2003

My original reply didn't go through.

I use Freesco at my office, I have for some time.  I'm quite happy with
it, easy to configure, easy to set up.  Perfect for firewalling a
handful of machines.

I used to use Freesco on my DSL/Cable at home.  Now I just let my cheapy
D-Link wireless router do the job (not as good, but I don't want to deal
with two NAT firewalls).

Freesco works fine with PCI cards.  (I'm using 2 NE2k-pci cards in my
machine).  If it is your machine that needs ISA networks cards, try
University auctions or ebay.  I'm betting lots of OLUG users have spare
ISA cards to sell...

Carl

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 23:59, John wrote:
> Just curious if any of you use FREESCO and if so, are you happy with it.  I
> am thinking about giving it a try with Alltel DSL.  Also, does anyone sell
> ISA network cards anymore?  Thanks.
>
> John

Carl Lundstedt <clundst at unlserve.unl.edu>
University of Nebraska