[olug] KDE terminal question

Nick Walter waltern at iivip.com
Mon Aug 18 15:04:03 UTC 2003

the easy way would be a shell script along the lines of

#!/bin/bash

konsole &
konsole &
konsole &
konsole &
konsole &
konsole &

That will get you different windows though, not 6 session in one
window.  To get all the session into one window, you have to use DCOP.
Here's a script to add 6 sessions to your current konsole window.

#!/bin/bash

KONSOLE_DCOPID=`echo $KONSOLE_DCOP|cut -d'(' -f2|cut -d',' -f1`
dcop $KONSOLE_DCOPID konsole newSession
dcop $KONSOLE_DCOPID konsole newSession
dcop $KONSOLE_DCOPID konsole newSession
dcop $KONSOLE_DCOPID konsole newSession