[olug] FreeWRL 3-d browser plugin

Ryan O'Rourke ryano at ch-gifts.com
Sat Aug 16 23:25:37 UTC 2003

Has anyone out there successfully installed FreeWRL as a VRML and X3D
plugin for Mozilla/Galeon?
I've downloaded the latest source - FreeWRL-1.01-pre1.tar.gz - and it
seems to install okay. Checking "about:plugins" shows the FreeWRL
browser information and MIME types are set up to run FreeWRL for
x-world/x-vrml, but everytime I try to go to a page to use it
(specifically my Nagios 3-d network map) it crashes Mozilla or Galeon.
There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the page because I can view
it on WinXP with IE.

I'm using Galeon 1.2.7 with RH 9.

Any suggestions are welcome!

-- Ryan