[olug] Unix Tip: OOPS.. RM STAR

Dave Hull dphull at insipid.com
Fri Apr 25 01:30:40 UTC 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, CM Miller wrote:

> or just create an alias

Indeed. Edit /etc/skel/.bashrc, /etc/bashrc or what have you to include the
following line:

alias rm='rm -i'

Personally, I remove this alias on any system I use because I find it
annoying, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. This is yet another tip which
may be dangerous to newbies.

So much for guru status.

--
Dave Hull
http://insipid.com

Secondly, extra copies of Quest For Herring or Unreal Liniment (R)
might stub for Quake III.  Maybe toss a mirror of munition on that
disc to fill it up; maybe desktop themes.  Speaking of which, does
Linux Central put the themes on CDs, or only have 'em online (since
there's so much copyrighted materiel!  Buffy, Copyright Infringement
Slayer?)
-- Steve Nordquist, Re: LinuxFest2000: PalmPilot city!, 03/28/00