[olug] WAS: Tom's Root Boot NOW network problems on debian

Don E. Kauffman dkauffman at tconl.com
Wed Apr 23 23:10:50 UTC 2003

I said that I would let you know what happened! I downloaded the
recommended disk images(?) and I'm doing the install. I've gotten as far
as getting the base system from the net. The problem I'm runnning into
now is that it is not connecting to the release server..In fact, it's
not seeing my network at all. I have a very basic network set up so it's
something it is not recognizing (or I'm not seeing).

The network is running through a RH 8.0 box with a dhcp connection
outward and a static network inside. The IP address of the
debian/windows box 192.168.3,2 connecting Xover to a second NIC (eth1)
192,168.3.1 on the RH box  I checked the routing tables on both and they
are correct as far as I can see. The debian box won't ping the RH box or
vice versa. The box I'm installing debian on worked fine with windoze
this morning.

I have a Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet Adapter(NC100 v2) on the
debian box. If I understand my research, it uses the tulip ethernet
module? That's what I have in the debian kernel now. I also put all the
ipv4 modules and the ipv6 module in there.

According to ifconfig it is setup correctly. According to route, it is
set up correctly (as far as I know)!

Thanks!

Don K.