[olug] Part-time Self Employment (Side Jobs)

Jay Swackhamer Jay at reboottheuser.com
Wed Apr 23 20:33:29 UTC 2003

Dint let the govt workers here you say that.... Double taxes, close the
budget deficeit............

If you are in a situation that you would be buying and reselling equipment
then you would either need to get a state tax ID so that you could
purchase products without paying the sales tax or partner with some of
the vendors to get a commission on the products so that you would not
have to collect the tax.

The NE dept of revenue would like you to tax every product and service
anyway. So you need to be careful how you word your billing if you do not
want to become an official tax collector for the state.

If you are not collecting tax when you should be, then the state will
have you pay the taxes on all of your sales.....so the sales tax comes
out of your pocket......

An example is the guy that runs the water-massage booths at the mall. The
state deemed that since the massage was not given by a person, it did not
fall under the service category and each one should have been taxed, and
the owner had to pay the taxes even though he never collected any.........

Fair taxes are OK, Taxes for the sake of taxes are not......

( at the DAV I asked about some of the fees, they replied that the fees
were instituted when the taxes went down........)

--

Jay Swackhamer
Reboot The User