[olug] 3rd Party Kernel Patches

Adam Haeder adamh at omaha.org
Thu Apr 17 18:44:37 UTC 2003

This topic comes up every once in a while, but I thought it might be nice
to revisit it.

What 3rd-party kernel patches do you use? 2.4 has been out for quite a
while, and there are quite a few options for patching it. The popular ones
seem to focus on desktop responsiveness. See:

http://www.tech9.net/rml/linux/
http://members.optusnet.com.au/ckolivas/kernel/

I myself have had good results with rml's preemptible kernel patch (made
my dvds play MUCH smoother) and I'm interested in some of the ones on Mr
Kolivas' page as well.

Anyone use any of these? Any recommendations/caveats?

--
Adam Haeder
Assistant Vice President of Information Technology
adamh at omaha.org
(402) 345-5025 x115
PGP Public key: http://www.omaha.org/~adamh/pgp.html