[olug] Re: CD burning on RedHat

Scott Evans munkey1979 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 13 23:52:49 UTC 2003

> could you post some comments on what it took to
> get it working?

Sure Mat,

Well first off its a LG 24x internal burner that I
have in a Firewire external Enclosure.  And stupid me
I forgot that I had a 2 port firwire PIC card
installed. So I just plugged in the externel device to
the PCI firewire port on the pc.  Then I proceded to
reboot. When everything came back up I started
Xserver.
Then I decided to try to get it to work with Gnome
Toaster 1.0 Beta5 (I am running Red Hat 8.0 right
now). I launched Gnome Toaster 1.0 and after it loaded
It automatically detected the burner.  So I really
didnt have to do anything to get it to work.
I then proceded to burn a little demo cd. I threw some
JPG's and some PDF files on it and burned.

So as you can tell, it didnt take much to get it to
work

Take care all

--Scott