[olug] OT: Needed Javascript under windows guru

Don Kauffman dkauffman at tconl.com
Fri Apr 4 22:08:08 UTC 2003

(I know this is a Linux forum but I'm completely and totally frustrated
with this issue so I thought I'd at least ask )

Is there a javascript guru out there who can help me track down an
issue? I get JS  errors under Windows 98 with  both IE6 and NETSCAPE
7.02.  I'm trying to track down the source of this particular error
particularly under IE 6.0  (with its most recent service pack installed ).

Basically what is supposed to happen is clicking on a  button should pop
up a login window. When the index page opens up I get "done, but with
error on page" in the status bar for IE And when I click on the button
nothing happens.   It had worked and now it isn't  I'm also experiencing
the same type of issue with Netscape under the same (and other
websites). I did have two versions of the VM installed and thought maybe
there is a conflict.  I removed the earlier version and the problem
still persists. I tried disabling Norton AV and Norton Internet Security
and accessing that Web Page. but no luck there either. I also checked
the settings on both IE and Netscape and they should both allow for the
kind of activity I'm referring to here. Javascript works fine within a
page but it won't popup a window.

I've contacted tech support for the company that owns the website  and
they haven't been able to come up with a fix for it yet either.

(It will pop up under galeon in linux, but that won't work for my needs!)

Now if anyone knows how to get the frigging answer please feel free to
contact me off list. I am  not aware of any M$ lists that do the kind of
things OLUGer's  do here else I'd be checking there.

TIA!

--
Don Kauffman
Email: mailto:dkauffman at tconl.com