[olug] Try Gentoo?

Steve Busby Steve at Busby.com
Thu Sep 12 01:54:44 UTC 2002

OLUG Users,

I've been lurking since Jun, but for whatever reason other commitments have
prevented me from attending the monthly OLUG Meeting.  Which really sucks
because I only work in UNMC which is just a couple of blocks from Clarkson
College.

Anyway, I heard the last meeting was informative and I was wondering whether
any other members have taken the Gentoo plunge?

On that note I do have one stumbling block, during the pre-bootstrap process,
the instructions say to edit the /etc/make.conf file with our respective CPU
info.  Anybody have an idea how to properly list an AMD am5x86-WB processor?

Thanks.
--
BuzB

Registered Linux User #216668
Current System Stats:
Linux 2.4.18-6mdk #1 Fri Mar 15 02:59:08 CET 2002 i686
  8:46pm  up 4 days, 10:59,  1 user,  load average: 1.71, 1.75, 1.68
Seti work units completed: 2678
Seti client running: 10:46:45
Percentage complete: 0.75567782
Last result returned: (Tue Sep 10 03:05:59 2002)