[olug] Mozilla and Java AND Ximian

Tanya Loughead tanyaloughead at netscape.net
Fri Sep 6 00:44:33 UTC 2002

Well-- I have never had any problems with Ximian, and I absolutely loved the
look and feel of the Ximian desktop. In fact, I didn't like my RedHat nearly
as much without Ximian.  It just "looks" so much cooler than any other
desktop environment.  That's my humble opinion-- and keep in mind-- I am no
"linux guru"  and I do very simple things with my computer (basically only
e-mail, word processing and IRC).  The Ximian e-mail program works well for
me too-- but I have indeed heard others complain about it.
Perhaps Ximian is only for newbies like me--(and those of us fresh from
Windows)-- but I love it.  BTW-- did anyone ever notice what cool screen
savers, etc., come with RedHat and Ximian  that don't with the standard
Windows package?  Small thing, I know--- but still...
--Tanya