[olug] Nov. Meeting Topics

Brian Roberson roberson at users.olug.org
Tue Oct 29 02:52:41 UTC 2002

It's that time again, And we have to decide on topic(s) for the next meeting.

Last meeting we had an offer by a fellow member to give a short talk on XML,
Hopefully he is hard at work on the discussion! For the rest of the meeting
I am willing to give a general discussion ( informal talk ) on the following subjects:

netfilter -- another linux fw subsystem? who and why?
netfilter -- practical uses for packet filtering firewalls
iproute2 -- what when why and how
ipvs -- virtual servers and why you should care
ipvs -- interaction of ipvs and packet filtering/forwarding ( adv. kernel talk )
bridge -- building a transparent bridge with packet filtering
gre -- building general purpose ip tunnels
snort -- jump into an NIDS with both feet ( general overview )
snort -- advanced signature writing
ACID -- Analysis Console for Intrusion Databases ( howto/install )
zebra -- advanced routing software for linux ( overview )

now.... we just need to decide which ones we are going to talk about!
these are all around 30 mins each.

Also, the poll for the next installfest date is lacking in the attendance section... only 25 votes?
http://olug.org/modules.php?name=Surveys&op=results&pollID=16&mode=&order=&thold=