[olug] Satellite internet acess w/Linux?

Dave Burchell burchell at inebraska.com
Fri Oct 25 22:50:52 UTC 2002

I know someone who has a satellite net connection; he curses it vehemently
and often.  It goes down a lot and has (as one would expect) very high
delay.

Adam Haeder says:

> I've got a client who is interested in getting satellite internet access
> (he lives on a ranch). He's got a linux fileserver that he'd like to make
> his firewall/gateway. Anyone have any recommendations for satellite
> systems that work with linux (or are OS independent)? He looked at
> DirecTV's offering, but it's a USB connection and specialized windows
> software only. Any ideas/recommendations/anecdotes welcome.
>
> --
> Adam Haeder
> Technical Coordinator, AIM Institute
> adamh at omaha.org
> (402) 345-5025 x115
> PGP Public key: http://www.omaha.org/~adamh/pgp.html

Dave Burchell                                          40.49'N, 96.41'W
Free your mind and your software will follow.              402-467-1619
http://incolor.inetnebr.com/burchell/                  burchell at acm.org