[olug] Phoenix

Eric Penne epenne at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 25 12:09:57 UTC 2002

I use the phoenix browser exclusively in Windows (work).  It is Mozilla
without the mail, newsgroups, and html editor.  It disables popups by
default and tells you when it does it with a little ! in the lower
corner.  It has been super stable (better than IE 5.5 was on WinME).
That machine also has RH8 on it, which is pretty nice and very easy to
install.  2.4 GB install in less than 1 hr 30 min to get an almost
fully functioning machine.  Would've been fully functioning but I
forgot to add some of the devel packages.  Bluecurve is nice and
definitely what is needed on the desktop for the average user.  Good
looking and easy to use.  Beautiful icons.  I need to get KDE3
installed at home to compare.

Eric