[olug] FTP

Jordan Wilberding diginux at diginux.net
Fri Oct 25 10:53:30 UTC 2002

Are you sure the remote machine has ftp enabled?

To find out goto the actual machine and on a console
type: ftp localhost

If this doesn't work then you need to make sure you have a
ftp server installed and running properly.

If it does work, then the firewall is blocking you for some reason,
so depending on what type of firewall you are using will depend
how to change it to allow incoming ftp connections.