[olug] Procmail?

BuzB buzb at cox.net
Thu Oct 17 16:36:53 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 16 October 2002 05:45 pm, William E. Kempf wrote:
> OK, got procmail working now.  But I have a question.  Before procmail
> started working correctly I received several e-mails (via fetchmail) into
> /var/spool/mail/wekempf.  How can I process these so they go to
> $HOME/Mail/inbox etc.?
>
> And the next question... related to my trials and tribulations with apache
> last week... how can I set up access so that I can read my archived mail
> from any location on the Internet?  Webmail?  If so, what application would
> you recommend for this?  Imap?  If so, can you configure this on a port
> other than 25 (may be showing my ignorance here), which Cox blocks?
>
> Also, what would people recommend for a spam filter?
>
> Bill Kempf

Bill,

Your first question--not sure, haven't used fetchmail/procmail, etc.

During my Gentoo install, I noticed they had a procedure for setting up Apache
and Squirelmail.  Their explaination sounds very similiar to your second
question.

SPAM--Delete key seems to work pretty good.  Also for what little spam I get,
I've found using the "bounce message" feature of Kmail to be pretty
effective.

--
BuzB

Registered Linux User #216668
Current System Stats:
Linux 2.4.18-14 #1 Wed Sep 4 13:35:50 EDT 2002 i686
 11:30am  up 5 days, 19:23,  4 users,  load average: 2.26, 2.22, 2.13
Seti work units completed: 3727
Seti client running: 4-16:29:33
Percentage complete: 89.031
Last result returned: (Wed Oct 16 20:01:34 2002)