[olug] Cox and Web Servers

Eric Johnson eric_j at oasis.novia.net
Wed Oct 9 21:45:18 UTC 2002

--- entire existing thread snipped ---

Would it make everyone happier if we just substituted the word 'premium'
for 'business' in the Cox service level description?

I, too, wouldn't mind running a webserver at home, but the price they want
to charge makes it a better deal to get it hosted. Am I unhappy? Yes, a
little. Do I think that Cox should change their policies because I'm
unhappy? No. I can go get another service if I think one is better. I can
try to convince everybody to boycott them until they change. I haven't
done either because I'm not inconvenienced enough to care that much.

-- Eric Johnson

A specification that will not fit on one
    page of 8.5 x 11 inch paper cannot be
    understood.

    -- Mark Ardis

   /*\              ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
   \ /              - AGAINST HTML EMAIL
    X               - AGAINST MS ATTACHMENTS
   / \