[olug] Cox and Web Servers

David Walker linux_user at grax.com
Tue Oct 8 21:37:44 UTC 2002

You should be able to register with a dns forwarding service somewhere
set up www.example.com to point to the forwarding service and have it redirect
to www1.example.com:8000 which is your machine.

In fact I think you can do this with dyndns.org's webhop service.
http://support.dyndns.org/guides/portredirect.php