[olug] New digital rights bill going to congress.

David Walker linux_user at grax.com
Wed Oct 2 23:11:00 UTC 2002

Welcome Dan

According to Jack Valenti this bill will be providing quite a lot of
bandwidth.  If we're talking a 5 gig DVD times 1 million downloads divided by
24 hours, we're talking a pretty big pipe.  And it sounds as if this pipe
will go straight to the end user.  And when will we have time to watch all
these movies?

Seriously, I also will be contacting my congresspersons as this sounds like a
decent bill that will help to protect our future freedoms.