[olug] OT: Freedom Downtime review

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Wed Nov 27 20:08:35 UTC 2002

The facts of the events that happened on that day are intriguing enough,
and how all the possible supsects that could share insights into the
conspiracy all mysteriously died just as the investigation was underway...
this all raises credible suspicion, more than any free thinking mind would
need to be convinced of a conspiracy.  It doesn't make sense otherwise,
the small amounts of "truth" and facts that came about from that day (as
wrapped in secrecy as it is), is simply thought provoking.  Goes to show,
trying to plan a conspiracy assisination in 'public' is quite tough. =)

main point: the simple _facts_ definately support a conspiracy.
I was not made aware of many of these facts until I watched this
film though, that's why I love film - so informative.

see inline replies..

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 08:39:43 -0800 (PST)
CM Miller <cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com> wrote:

|--- Brian Wiese <bwiese at cotse.com> wrote:
|> On Sat, 23 Nov 2002 17:25:29 -0600
|
|> hehehe, did anyone get to see "JFK" over the
|> weekend, or Friday... on the
|> 39th anniversary of our government's coup detat
|> against its national
|> leader (conspiracy?).  Finally sitting down and
|> seeing the facts present
|> themselves in this movie is just so amazing,
|
|Ah, I haven't seen that movie in since it came out in
|the theather, but if I remember correctly, Stone was
|heavily critizies for his 'facts' presented in this
|movie.  The Mr. X meeting in front of the White House
|was totally bogus.  Stone added that to put his own
|'spin' on event.

These are minor details, I'm a "go by the facts" please kind of person.
Of course this was a hollywood rendition "based on a true story".  Of
course little things are not completely consistent, it has to be made into
a movie.  If you read the last notes at the end of the movie, it says
(apparently this Mr. X?) did come before the court (in the 70's?)  to
testify on many of those conditions.

|>I'm
|> riled in disbelief that
|> corruption has been in our government since at least
|> this time.
|
|Are u saying that our gov't was not corrupt up until
|this event?

not nearly, but this is just a fine example... especially if one
consider's the government only corrupt now today in our "total information
awareness" era.

|>Oswald
|> was basically guilty before the final shots rang
|> out.  If this was ancient
|> Rome, it would be JFK crying out "et tu Brute?"  All
|> to fuel the dog of
|> war.
|>
|> conspiracy or not (ha!), take a moment and review
|> this film, especially on
|> the anniversary of this most horrific day, in the
|> most horrific times of
|> (MLK, Ted Kenedy, ..), and let the facts and
|> analysis speak for
|> themselves.  FACT is stranger than FICTION. =)
|>

|While I think that Stone's film was a great fictional
|film, NPR has some declassified tapes played on last
|Friday's show that were transmissions between
|Kennedy's staff (R McNamara and others) and Johnson's
|group in Dallas, showing that after the right after
|the shots rang out, there was complete confusion, or a
|breakdown within the chain of command for about 2 hrs.
|and nobody was in charge of the United States.
|
|http://www.npr.org/display_pages/features/feature_853244.html

unfortunately, the real documents are wrapped up in secrecy until 2039?
(after all those involved are dead) I believe the movie said... only then
will we maybe really know what happened.  When a government has to hide so
much from it's people, it's kinda scary.

|-Chris

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru
  GnuPG/PGP key 0x1E820A73 | "FREEDOM!" - Braveheart