[olug] Real opportunity for getting Open Source into theEnterprise

Trent Melcher tmelcher at trilogytel.com
Tue Nov 26 18:05:25 UTC 2002

Depending on how robust it needs to be,  I would recommend Postgres.  I
think its probably the best out of all the "Free" ones out there.  I have
been wanting to play with Postgres but haven't had the time.

I have done something similar to this at my current job, but we are using
Informix for our database, and all cgi's are written in C for queries,
reports, and Billing.  The database Server is a Sun, but all the programs
are built on a linux box and sit on a linux webserver(apache). I would love
to be able to rewrite some of the apps to connect to a postgres database,
instead of informix (cost-cutting).

Trent