[olug] Hosting Costs and Estimates

Andrew Holm-Hansen olug at einer.org
Fri Nov 22 17:20:50 UTC 2002

Hello Lug,

I was wondering if anyone had any good pointers to information
concerning the cost of hosting a website that saw traffic on the order
of 6M hits/month or so.  The data being served will be dynamically
generated html pages of (hopefully) less than 40k a piece.

If there is a process for figuring this kind of thing out, I'd love to
see that link.  This is a new area for me, so please consider that I
know next to nothing about routing hardware, load balancers, bandwidth
throttling or traffic shaping (yet).

TIA,

Andrew

einer.org/forums