[olug] sound w/ devfs

Jonathan Warren thechunk at cox.net
Wed Nov 20 16:19:25 UTC 2002

OK I never used devfs so I don't have an authorative answer.  If you are using the creative sblive or audigy cards the driver may not be devfs ready and you may need to remove the /dev/dsp link and make it the corect device file.  I am guessing devfs created the link so that older apps didn't break but if the driver still wants to be there you will have to remove the link and create the correct file.