[olug] Apache/PHP setup problem

Ryan rps at willconsult.com
Thu Nov 14 21:43:36 UTC 2002

>I am setting the variable -- it's in the URL.  I know this works (and is
>the way to do it) because I've done it before in PHP.  Just not on a server
>I setup . . .
>
>-- mikeh

Whoops, I missed that.

I found this though:
  Since PHP 4.2.0 the register_globals option is by default turned OFF, which
disables the creation of variables in the global scope matching the parameters
in GET queries, POST data, cookies etc.

  The correct way to get these values is through the $_GET, $_POST and $_COOKIE
associative arrays. They are available from PHP 4.1.0, and register_globals
was disabled (by default - it can still be turned on) at 4.2.0.

-Ryan