[olug] Samba PDC and Samba Fileserver

Jon Larsen relayer at levania.org
Mon Nov 11 18:48:08 UTC 2002

Hi All,

I have two Samba boxes, one is setup for PDC and the other is strictly a
fileserver.  The Samba PDC has all my accounts entered, and the Fileserver
can see these accounts as Domain accounts.

Do I need to make these accounts local on the Fileserver to allow for
connections?  Or, does the Samba Fileserver use the domain accounts?

During my testing, I can only connect to the Fileserver once I have made
the account local.

I'm looking for an answer before I spend a few hours of typing in
accounts that I may not have to.

Another related item is this:  The Net logon feature of the Samba PDC is
working, but the Profiles is not.  I followed the directions in a few
sources, but I haven't had any success.

I've done a lot of Samba, but not in the PDC, Netlogon, Profiles area.

Jon L.

--
 [ Jon H. Larsen  - email: relayer at omahadirect dot net         ]
 [ ICQ#: 10412618 - http://www.animesunday.org/jonl               ]