[olug] question downloading packages

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 9 22:14:35 UTC 2002

Robert, don't give up hope, there are some kind folks
who did a port for apt-get for Redhat and you can get
it here...

http://apt-rpm.tuxfamily.org/

Just follow the directions here on this site and you
should be able to upgrade those packages ok.

I've used this port for my rpm packages and I've never
really had a problem.

I believe that Mandrake has something like this as
well, but as far as I know, I'm the only one on the
list who uses this for Redhat.

Let us know how it goes...

-Chris

(http://www.linuxworld.com/site-stories/2002/1104.barr.html).