[olug] Nov. Meeting Topics

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Fri Nov 1 01:58:26 UTC 2002

Though it's not on the list... I could revamp my talk I did for the ACM
chapter and talk about how the Consumer Broadband and Digital Television
Promotion Act (CBDTPA - consume but dont try programming act), Trusted
Computing/Palladium, and DMCA is all bad news for GNU/Linux and such...
I'm sure Irish could talk on this too.

peace
Brian

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 20:52:41 -0600
Brian Roberson <roberson at users.olug.org> wrote:

|It's that time again, And we have to decide on topic(s) for the next
meeting.

|Last meeting we had an offer by a fellow member to give a short talk on
XML,
|Hopefully he is hard at work on the discussion! For the rest of the
meeting
|I am willing to give a general discussion ( informal talk ) on the
following subjects:

|netfilter -- another linux fw subsystem? who and why?
|netfilter -- practical uses for packet filtering firewalls
|iproute2 -- what when why and how
|ipvs -- virtual servers and why you should care
|ipvs -- interaction of ipvs and packet filtering/forwarding ( adv. kernel
talk )
|bridge -- building a transparent bridge with packet filtering
|gre -- building general purpose ip tunnels
|snort -- jump into an NIDS with both feet ( general overview )
|snort -- advanced signature writing
|ACID -- Analysis Console for Intrusion Databases ( howto/install )
|zebra -- advanced routing software for linux ( overview )

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru
  GnuPG/PGP key 0x1E820A73 | "FREEDOM!" - Braveheart