[olug] FW: I'm curious about Revolution OS

Larry.Britton at i-structure.com Larry.Britton at i-structure.com
Tue May 14 23:48:00 UTC 2002

from the horses mouth.....

-----Original Message-----
From: J.T.S. Moore [mailto:jtsmoore at pacificnet.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 6:51 PM
To: Britton, Larry
Subject: Re: I'm curious about Revolution OS

Larry,

Thank you for inquiring about REVOLUTION OS.  If you are interested in
renting the film for group screenings or a theatrical engagement, the
cost depends upon the type of event and the format.  REVOLUTION OS is
available in 35mm and on videotape.  Unless a movie theater books the
film for a regular engagement, the film is rented on a single screening
basis.  Typically, a company will hire me to organized a screening event
and supply the film.  I will handle all arrangements, introduce the
film, and conduct a formal post-screening Questions & Answers session
for a single fee.  What did you have in mind?

If you are interested in REVOLUTION OS for private home use, bear in
mind that we are currently planning to release the DVD and videotape
sometime during the second half of 2002.  I am pushing the distributor
to get the film out sooner.

The distributor has yet to set a price, but I'm guessing it will be
between $22 and $28 plus shipping and tax.  I will try and let you know
when REVOLUTION OS becomes available.

Also, in the next couple of months, my distributor will begin
selling educational/institutional VHS copies of REVOLUTION OS with a
license permitting large group screenings for schools and LUGs.  If you
are interested, please let me know.

You can check out the first 8 minutes of REVOLUTION OS on ifilm:
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilm/product/film_multimedia/0,4470,2419320,00.html

How did you hear about REVOLUTION OS?  I'm always curious to know.

I hope you get a chance to see REVOLUTION OS.

Sincerely,

J.T.S. Moore

For help contact olug-help at olug.org - run by ezmlm
(c)1998-2002 OLUG http://www.olug.org