[olug] Secure Shell, Exceed, and X-Tunneling question

Daryl Rose jzlvr1 at cox.net
Sat Mar 2 13:55:18 UTC 2002

Okay, here is the issue.  My server is a RH 7.1, and my other machine is W98.  I use OpenSSH on my server, and OpenSSH client on my W98 machine.  I use Exceed when ever I want to run an X-Client on my machine.  I can pull across Netscape and other GUI's just fine, but I can't pull back up2date.  I get the following:

Gdk-ERROR **: X connection to <server name>:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

Is there some reason why up2date can't come across?

Thanks

Daryl Rose
jzlvr1 at cox.net

--
"Its 106 miles to Chicago.  We have a full tank of gas.
 We have a half pack of cigarettes, its dark, and we're